Richard Stewart, president/creative director, is a seasoned communication consultant and business writer with a background in journalism, media relations and sales training. In 1991, he founded Stewart & Associates Communication Arts in Providence, Rhode Island, to provide writing services to advertising and PR agencies. A Communications graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, he is well experienced in business-to-business and technical writing as well as strategic marketing.
While managing client publications at a Boston marcom agency, he served as editor and chief writer for several magazines, including Ford Motor Company's heavy truck dealer magazine, "SalesPro." He also supervised and wrote for BMW's dealer magazine, "Nucleus."
A promotional book he wrote for Ford on the introduction of two new lines of commercial trucks was published in 1995. He wrote speeches and video presentations for Ford, as well as newsletters and brochures.
He consulted with an advertising agency in Connecticut whose client, Delphi Automotive Systems, was launching a customer magazine. He coordinated the project and provided all editorial content over the three-year life of the publication. He also wrote technical papers and brochure copy for the client.
He is a regular contributor to trade magazines in the transportation and plastics/composites fields, including Plastics Engineering for the Society of Plastics Engineers and publications for Randall Reilly Publications. An article he wrote for Randall Publications won a Silver Award for magazines with 80,000+ circulation in the awards program of the American Society of Business Publication Editors.
He worked as a reporter and editor at daily newspapers and in the news operations of radio and cable-text TV stations. A travel book he wrote was published in 1975. He has also worked as a news/publicity photographer, graphic designer, and printing consultant.
Stewart has written about a wide range of Industries, including automotive, transportation, logistics, health care, medical devices, technology, plastics/composites, consumer goods, lubricants, and e-commerce.
RESUME of Richard Stewart
Track record of bringing consumer flair to technical and business accounts. 25+ years heavy print experience. Journalism background. Fortune 500 clients.
Founded Stewart & Associates Communication Arts in 1991, offering expertise in business-to-business writing: case history features, by-liners,
brochure & DM copy, newsletters, speeches, scripted presentations, sales training materials, technical papers; also providing agency support
to advertising and PR agency clients:
Creamer Dickson Basford (Boston/NYC), Mason & Madison (New Haven, Conn.), MDI Creative (Boston, Detroit), Appelberg Publishing Agency
(Stockholm, Sweden), Frankel & Co. (Chicago), The Publication Co. (Detroit), Wray Ward Lasseter (Charlotte), and RI agencies: America House
Communications, Martin Thomas Inc., Catalyst Communications, Firebrand, PotterHazelhurst, Donnelly and Duncan, Mancini Assocs., Ducharme Assocs.
- Managing Editor, Publications (4/86 to 8/91) MDI Creative (Boston & Detroit).
- Researched, wrote, edited & designed publications, brochures & collateral for this
- marcom/sales training agency. Clients: Ford, BMW, Mercedes-Benz , Jaguar.
- Program Director, Cabletext News (7/82 to 4/86) Colony Electronic Information
- Services, Providence, R.I., 24-hour, multi-zone cabletext news service.
- Managing Editor Kent County Times, W. Warwick, R.I. daily paper (3/79 to 7/82)
- Managing Editor News-Dispatch, Jeannette, Pa. daily paper (6/78 to 3/79)
- Reporter News-Dispatch, Jeannette, Pa. daily newspaper (10/76 to 1/78)
- News Writer/Announcer Voice of Turkey Radio, Ankara, Turkey (11/74 to 7/76)
- Managing Editor Turkish Daily News, Ankara, Turkey (7/73 to 9/74)
- Travel Writer Istanbul Publishing House, Istanbul, Turkey (10/73 to 8/76)
- English Instructor Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey (9/74 to 8/76)
- Books: Ford Heavy Duty Trucks: The Next Generation, 1995
- The Prince's Islands, Istanbul. A Visitors Guide, 1975
- Magazines: Automotive Interiours International, American Ink Maker, Product Design & Development, Power Transmission Design, Plant Engineering, Medical Plastics & Biomaterials, Ford DealerWorld,
- Ford Salesforce, Ford Heavy Truck Salespro, BMW Nucleus, Delphi Chassis Systems Thinking Ahead, America's Driving Force, Mercedes-Benz Previews, Roger Williams University & Providence
- College publications, Truckers News, Trucking Co., Truck Parts & Service, Modern Plastics, High Performance Composites, Composites Technology, IBS Business Advantage, Medical Device
- & Diagnostic Industry magazine, Best's Review, Plastics Engineering, AMBEST Drive and others.
© 2009 Stewart & Associates Communication Arts. All rights reserved.